Information Technology is an important part of a Superyachts day-to-day operation. It is the backbone of all the on-board systems whether it is yacht management or owners’ services. When it comes to owners their requirements are very different to the yachts operational needs. Owners require data and internet access, as well as VPN access to their corporate networks. The operational side needs server based storage with back-up, Internet and data access as well as system management software. Both, of course, require security and protection.
ANT can provide strategic advice, design and provide long term support to the IT systems, based on the yachts requirements and owner’s needs, installing all the necessary hardware and software as well as all the connectivity and cabling. This can seamlessly integrate into other on-board systems, converging and amalgamating technologies.
Our hardware supply includes High Definition flat screen monitors, PC’s and servers, data storage devices and print facilities. We also supply internet access as well as full on-board networking, including wireless and voice technologies. Our software offer includes bespoke, standard and industry specific software. All designed to operate whilst at sea and in remote, worldwide locations.
On-board installation is carried out by our own skilled engineers and product specialists, with cabling networks provided to all areas of the yacht as well as wireless access where appropriate. Standard PC software can be configured to the owner’s requirements and yacht management software can be integrated into the system architecture. If necessary, bespoke software can be developed to enhance IT provision for owners, guests and crew as well as on-board operations.
ANT can supply all the major branded hardware products and our highly skilled team works hard in partnership with both our customers and suppliers to ensure that from the very beginning the solutions we deliver are the right solution.
We fully understand the Superyacht industry and our approach is to understand the needs and objectives of each customer in order to develop flexible and expandable IT systems and services that are aligned with individual needs.
IT Support Services
ANT’s IT support ensures your IT infrastructure is an effective solution and meets your connectivity demands. Delivering the highest level of IT support to your organisations that rely on IT systems to respond to changing times and operate efficiently.
We offer a set of services that can be integrated to form part of your team in any combination that works for your business. We provide levels of support in collaboration with our customers, to meet their specific needs. These range from once-a-year-appraisals to total support for business critical networks.
IT Infrastructure Review
- Summary of servers, switching, routing and security including high level schematics plus detailed documentation of existing configurations and recommendations to meet industry best practices.
- Telephone and remote support
- Guaranteed remote and on site response times
- Network, Server Hardware, Operating System & Application monitoring
- Backup monitoring
- Server OS, Application, AV and Firewall updates
- Regular scheduled health checks, system administration, maintenance and general tasks
Support & Consultancy
- Access to engineers and product specialists
- Working with you to deliver an IT strategy that meets the needs of your business and Superyacht as it grows and changes
IT Infrastructure Review
You may have an issue that needs resolving or you want to understand how you could better use your current assets, whatever your question ANT can help your IT to meet your business requirements.
- Understand – With a proven track record in the Superyacht industry we are able to provide the right solution. We listen to our customers to ensure it fits in with their requirements. What do you want IT to deliver to your business? How do you want it to perform? Where is your IT now? Where do you want IT to be?
- Gap Analysis – Based on what we have discovered we can understand your business needs in terms of IT and document what is required to meet these needs. These needs may include application & data access, security and business continuity.
- Technology Choices – Using our experience of today’s technology marketplace; where technology is going and the cost implications of these technologies. We then apply that knowledge in order to fill the gaps and meet your business needs.
- Recommend & Report –We will show you the various options available to you, giving you best of breed advice – open, honest and providing a professional opinion.
- Business & technology planning including benchmarking, strategic review and audits
- Server consolidation & capacity planning
- High availability solutions
- Network design including WAN, LAN and Wireless
- Network security design and testing
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Email archiving, backup and storage
- IP Telephony & Communications Systems
Wireless Surveys – New Network or Health Check
ANT will perform a wireless survey to display and record information from all the key areas of the currently installed wireless network or the proposed wireless network, including received signal strengths, access point locations, RF interference and noise levels etc. This will be done to a level to support both wireless data and voice traffic. On completion of this survey a report will be written providing all of the information in the survey, which will include information on recommendations, infrastructure locations and photographs.
IT systems are now a central part to any Superyacht infrastructure. These systems are becoming increasingly important as organizations rely more and more on IT infrastructure for communication, mission-critical systems and real-time applications. ANT will recommend a management/monitoring strategy that will ensure you can meet the demands of critical services and provide value to your business.
We work with our customers to ensure their Infrastructure is secure and effective. We carry out an information security assessment to determine how effective the systems are and if they meet specific security objectives.
ANT have been working with our clients over many years in order to ensure that business operations are resilient to IT failure and that systems can be quickly recovered should the worst happen.